Thursday 7 July 2016

July 7th, first berries.

I got my first strawberries today. The three here and

another one which is almost ready. I dare not leave them on the plants too long as the slugs will get them. I did spend quite some time killing slugs today but I don't think you want to see photographs of that. 

I also got my first raspberry. I actually feel a bit guilty because I was pulling up volunteer raspberry plants to make room for another echinacea when I found the little guy.  

This is the pile of weeds halfway through my weeding session. The pot is what I used to move fresh compost to my planting hole, A hole I made because I finally planted out my geranium pretense. I really, really hope it does well and is happy where I put it. I believe a second plant has germinated next to it. We shall see how it goes. 

This is my wintersweet again. I'm not sure it's happy where it is but I really don't know where else to put it. I cleared around it a bit after I'd taken the picture so that it doesn't get overrun.


No comments: