Thursday 7 July 2016

Garden update.

Sorrel in flower. I find this plant to be strangely beautiful.

I gave the globe artichoke some more room to breathe. I'm going to cut the less perfect leaves off tomorrow.

Two echinacea and a collection of candy tuft.

Raspberry, red current and evening primrose.  

You can see that I've created quite a bit more space for everything. 

Those two leaves growing out of the clump of branches is what is left of my old gooseberry. I will see if it gets any better.

One chicken looks at you and then in an instant and a sound like a tiny herd of horses. 

There are five.

Rhubarb and mint. I know before anyone tells me, how stupid is it to plant mint in the ground, but I didn't plant it. It was growing there when I bought the house. 

a pumpkin and the leaf frond is an achillea  

My ogen melons :'( slugs have destroyed them.

Chicken number 6. Yellow. Having the best dust bath ever.

My plans for tomorrow are to plant these two plants. Another Achillea and a dwarf Rudbeckia, I'll try to find more Rudbeckia and put them at the front of the boarder. 


Last but not least my greenhouse is full of these giant snap dragons. They are volunteer plants but I'm happy to have them as they bring bees into my greenhouse. 

I'll be having an early night tonight as I was up all night watching over the chickens, we had a fox turn up in the garden at 10 pm and Trouble chased it off. I was too scared to sleep last night so I sat on the sofa with the curtains and windows open listening for any disturbance. I heard at least two foxes barking at each other very close by at about 1 AM, but they didn't come back, I'm very, very tired today.

No comments: