Tuesday 12 July 2016

Its raining on my day off. :'(

As its raining I'll talk about yesterday. 

I just noticed when I took this photo that this is peat compost. :( My boyfriend fetched it while I was paying because we nipped in after I'd finished work and we arrived when the store was closing so we all rushed to get what we needed and get out. Damn it. I'll still use it, but I wish it was peat free. 

The little bag of compost that I picked up myself is peat free. I really like Verve. 

About twenty minutes ago the postman arrived and delivered my Thompson and Morgan order. I still love getting my seed orders. 

I bought three packets of seed

wild strawberries that will go with the other strawberries. I intend to dig up the strawberries I have and dig over their bed, get all the weeds out and add compost. Hopefully then the slugs won't be able to hide so well.

I bought another pack of Anemone Japonica as the last lot of seeds just didn't germinate at all. I really, really want some of these in my garden.

Feijoa sellowiana I have no idea where this is going to go. I think it will go to the allotment to be honest or I'll attempt to grow one in a large pot in the garden. They are edible, producing a fruit called pineapple guava and it might need to go in the warmest place I own. I desperately need to get my poly tunnel to my allotment so that I can plant things like this somewhere warm. 

No comments: