Friday 6 May 2016

May update.

We've finally been getting some decent weather! Everything in the greenhouse is massive, now! I've started planting a few things out, mainly because I need the greenhouse space.
I planted out a chard, spinach, kale, purple sprouting broccoli and regular broccoli in the veg patch. I also sowed some spinach and chard seeds so that I get a large clump of them.

I potted up eight rudbeckia and planted one really nice one in the ground because I couldn't bear to compost it. I planted an echinacea plant by the raised beds and covered it with straw just to protect it from the sun as its newly transplanted, and from any frost we might get in the night.

I also did a bit of weeding.It was only a bit because, in all honesty, I hate weeding with a passion. Its something I need to work on as it does leave some of my garden looking a mess. It does however leave places for the little birds to forage. I get so many sparrows in my little garden.  

No comments: