Sunday 10 April 2016

Thinking about bees.

I've been thinking about bees a lot today. It might have been brought on by Niches somewhat insane attempts to eat them. Don't worry, I didn't let her.

I've sown many seeds of bee friendly plants this spring. Some of them are starting to make an appearance.

The achillea have germinated although I did have a bit of a heavy watering can incident with them so they've been flooded a bit. D:

My snap dragons and candy tuft have germinated both are liked by bees.

I have one Geranium pretense growing. One out of four isn't bad I suppose, although I'm hoping for more.

Loads of rudbeckia are up. I'm actually a bit worried about where all of these are going to go but right now I'm just going to grow stuff and find places for them later.

I've sown more globe artichokes.

divided some Echinacea.

the sunflowers have germinated.

I've chucked Nasturtium seeds everywhere, marigold seeds everywhere.

I must, must, must get my soil PH tested. I have a feeling that my soil is very acid. Not much seems to enjoy being in it. Hopefully loads and loads of compost with help everything out.


No comments: