Sunday 17 April 2016

Brief allotment visit.

Right. I've sown five different types of squash at home. Potimarron sown two, rouge vif d'etampes sown one, crown prince sown one, golden hubbard sown one and marina di chioggia sown one. I've also sown some greyhound cabbage and some savoy cabbage.
I actually got home from a nice few hours out of the house to one of our chickens running free. She'd gotten into the greenhouse and has destroyed a fair few of my brassicas. I'm not happy with her.

Today is also the day that I finally got all of my potatoes in the ground at the allotment. I thought I had 30 but its actually 29. I'm quite pleased, it should keep me in tatoes for a while. I'm not happy with the soil though. I'm really going to have to add a lot of compost when I've been paid.
I also added some marigold and nasturtium seeds to some of the beds.

No comments: