Sunday 10 April 2016

progress at the allotment.

completed broad bean bed with sown broad beans. Just waiting for them to show themselves now.

you can really see a difference between my compost and the shop bought stuff. My compost is the stuff closest to me. 

This is the potato bed. The soil is still very wet and heavy. I'm hoping turning it will dry it quicker and I'll try and get the soil raked flat tomorrow and hopefully put the tatoes in tomorrow.

This is the brassica bed. You can see how the soil is like cement. It needs a lot of compost and maybe some sand adding to it. The potato bed will be first on the list for the soil improvements though. They need to go in now while my brassicas aren't going in until May. 

Its getting there. I just wish I had a bit more money for compost as I've used up all of my well rotted stuff at home. 

No comments: