Wednesday 6 April 2016

My laptop has died.

Yes, my laptop has died a death and I've had to move onto using my big desktop computer.
It means I've lost some of my most favourite blogs but I'm hopeful I will find them again.

I've been struggling with the weather for the last week or so. Every time I leave the house I get rained on or hailed on. This morning when I was walking the dogs, the heavens opened, and I got soaked and then pelted with hail. I'm sure April showers aren't normally quite as bad as they have been this year.

I really need the weather to dry out some though. I need to dig the potato bed at the allotment and put my potatoes in the ground. I would love to get lots of compost up there too but I have no money and I don't think I have more than a couple of trugs worth that's rotted enough right now. I guess anything is better than nothing though when the ground is as sad as the ground at my allotment.

I've made another change with my veg beds at home. I'm not putting any tatoes in the ground at home now. They're all going up to the allotment. Instead of tatoes I'll put beetroot, turnip and maybe a row of swede.

So far.

Bed one:
Two lots of kale
Two lots of chard
Two/three lots of spinach
 a row of pak choi.

Bed two:
Row of beetroot
Row of turnip
Row of swede

Bed three:
block of carrot Nelly
block of carrot sugarsnax
radish in the gaps.

Bed four:
Parsnips gladiator.

Bed five:
Garlic

Bed six:
Three rows of peas
two/three rows lettuce.

Bed seven:
Courgette Goldrush
patti pan squash.
dwarf and regular French beans.

No comments: