Saturday 14 February 2015

update and valentines day.

I'm still awaiting the new batch of hatching eggs so I thought I'd show you some pictures of my current bunch.

 They're not liking the wet, cold weather we've been having all that much. It means they have to stay in their holding pen more than they'd like to. I break up from work for a week after today so I will be cleaning the rest of the back of the garden and creating a bigger, better run for them to live in. And folding up that tarpaulin that's been blown about quite a bit.
Hopefully they will have more space. In April they will hopefully be getting a bigger, better chicken coop as well.
 Just a quick mention of my snakes. Mrs Wiggle the corn snake (the orange one) just  keeps getting bigger and bigger. She should be big enough to breed in a few months.
 This is butters also a corn snake, he will hopefully be helping to make little Mrs wiggle babies at some point this year.
 Raised beds are coming along all right. I still need to hitch other beds to the three beds furthest away in the photo but I've still got time before planting time. The lumps in the bed you can see are old rhubarb plants that i dug out of the soil before placing the big raised bed. must dispose of them soon.
And this is what I made for my boyfriend for valentines day, along with getting him some Bulmers, his favourite cider.

No comments: