Sunday 22 February 2015

Another attempt at sour-dough.

I fed the starter at 5 this morning, at 6:30 I made the first 'shaggy' batter. I let the chickens out, fed them and then took the dog for a walk. Got back at 7:50 and I've been working on making this Sour-dough into a decent bread shape ever since. Well apart from ten minutes to fill the wheel barrow with more bricks from the bottom of the garden and a fifteen minute coffee break. You can't say I don't use my rising times to good effect. :P
Anyway, I think I've finally (touch wood) cracked it!


I might regret cutting the tops so soon but I don't like doing it when its risen as it deflates it with the pressure. Five hours and I'll be able to put this bad boy in the oven. :D


The finished article. Its not as dark as I would like it to be, but its not too bad.

No comments: