Wednesday 27 May 2015

Sorry the pictures are blurry I have to do everything around the insanity that is a 15 week old puppy.

Other than the purple sprouting broccoli this is my first crop of the year. :)
I might even pick a small amount of the cut and come again lettuce.  

I planted 12 celery plants today. I'm not that keen on it, it only goes in soups so I didn't plant too many. 

My two courgettes and some of the strawberries. I already had to replace one courgette that got destroyed by slugs and the cat. 

This is a new England variety of squash so they're used to a bit of cold. I will protect them if a frost is forecast though. I'm going to try growing the squash up the mesh just to save some space. Plus the mess might save them from the puppy. I'm not holding my breathe on that though. :S Ignore the weeds. I hate weeding and there will always be weeds in my garden. 

5 comments:

Kev Alviti said...

Looking good. Last year my squash grew up some wires I have in place for my apple trees and they loved it, it also looked really cool seeing them hanging there.
As for the weeds- I bet I've got more than you!

Jopanofmanypets said...

Hello Kev. Thanks for visiting my blog. This is my first attempt at growing squash up something. I'm pretty excited about seeing them grow and seeing how well they do on the wire. What sort of squash do you grown?

Jopanofmanypets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laoi gaul~williams said...

those radish look so good, i am now thinking i should have popped some among the plants to do their own sweet thing but while i was away at avebury and glastonbury my garden grew like a wild beautiful jungle!

Jopanofmanypets said...

Thank you :) I'm on my second picking of radish right now and they are really nice. Not too spicy like they usually are. I did think your trip looked lovely and i'm sad that I live too far away to go to the camps. I think my garden is becoming something of a jungle too. :D I just hope my edibles can still grow well with a bit of weed competition.