Monday 15 December 2014

My egg factory.

Orange, Yellow

Blue.

Orange is the head hen.

This is where they are meant to sleep. (this is an old photo. The cavity is now filled with straw to help insulate them against the cold)

This is where they are meant to lay eggs. This is in fact where they sleep and they lay their egg in the sleeping compartment. Strange chickens. 

This is where they spend their days. It's still a mess and a massive work in progress. Even after the massive effort we've already put into it. But I can't afford to do anything more with it financially or time wise until Christmas is over. I'm just waiting for a little more day light. As you see the garden is small, so I'm not going to be able to be totally self sufficient food-wise. This is an experiment to see just how much I can get out of it. And still keep it attractive and with dog friendly areas.  


No comments: