Sunday 1 January 2017

A very unpleasant but important Job done.

That's right guys... Pooh picking. Its not a nice job. No one likes to do it and I'm sure I'm not the only one that leaves it longer than I should and ends up spending a good long time on it, and horribly am often unable to remove the stuff that has tried to remove itself without me. *cough* I tell myself to do it a little and often but it never ends up happening. :/

Anyway, new topic. I got to christen one of my Christmas presents today. :) Isn't it lovely?
I finally got around to being brave enough to prune my roses. This is the standard yellow rose. The one that grows the most beautiful huge flowers.

I'm really not comfortable pruning stuff but I did my best. 

This is the climbing rose, its meant to be yellow but it's actually pink. I mostly just cut it down a bit and removed some branches that were rubbing each other. 


I've got some crocus's making an appearance. It's not all doom and gloom out there. 

 And I've also spotted some nice fat buds forming on my tiny lilac tree/shrub. I'll have to take some branches off of this too, but I didn't have the heart today. 

No comments: