Monday 16 October 2017

Wind swept chooks

The wood chip that we added to the run about a month ago is really darkening and is starting to rot down now that the wet weather has arrived.
 This is dippy. We got home a little after dark last night after visiting my dad to watch the BFG and when I went to put the chickens to bed I could not find her.  I could hear some worried clucking around the compost pile but I just couldn't find her.
 Eventually when I moved a chicken fence that I'd saved to enlarge the compost, I saw her, right at the bottom of the compost pile, right in the corner. I climbed in and ferried her out and back to her coop. The OH thought I looked like a compost pile myself when I came back into the house. 

The babies are really happy with the big chickens now, although they still like to stick together. 

I bought them their own little coop to hide in if they need it. Although it's been dippy laying her eggs in it every day that's been giving it its most use.

 Poor Yellow is too fat to fit through the door very easily.
This is a collection of nasturtium and mashua. The nasturtium has the larger orange flowers and the mashua the small yellow trumpets and smaller leaves. 

I'm really happy with how well the Mashua has grown.

No comments: