Sunday 1 October 2017

Lancashire.

I've been home from my holiday for about a week now but this is the first minute I've really had to write about it. We had a really, really lovely time. Lancashire is a really beautiful county. We followed the lives of the Pendle witches. We stayed at Barley, a tiny and beautiful village in sight of Pendle hill. We visited the Pendle Heritage Centre in Barrowford on the first day, very soon after we arrived at our tiny but perfect little apartment. We investigated Barley and its wonderful pub The Pendle Inn. I lost many a game of pool in that building. :) 
The air in Barley is so beautifully clean that I came home feeling fabulous. You can see all of the moss that grows on their walls. (a sure sign of clean air)


There was lots of running water.

After we visited the heritage museum we visited Lancaster city and the castle where the poor Pendle witches were it is alleged held and tried. Although we only spent three hours in the city (we bought a three hour parking ticket) I feel like we saw quite a lot. The castle tour was great fun :D The OH got locked in a cell and the tour guide was very witty and well informed about the history of the castle and of England in general. 

We visited another small museum in the city centre which was full of interesting facts and very friendly staff, although unfortunately I've forgotten the name of the museum. The city of Lancaster itself is beautiful and very nice to walk around, I have to say that I was happy to find a place that was flat in a county of very steep inclines. I even managed to scoff a quick pub meal before running for the car before our parking ticket ran out. 

Although its hard to tell in the photo, this is the extremely beautiful view we had from our little apartment window. That is the start of Pendle Hill. It was such a quiet, peaceful and wonderfully restful place. I truly loved it, and I shall hopefully be going back some day. 

No comments: