Sunday 18 December 2016

Parsnip. Updated.

I dug up my first parsnip of the year today. Its a big one. :) 

When I was cleaning it up and chopping off the rust I noticed that my parsnip had a little friend. I painstakingly put him on some foliage and popped him in the compost pile.  


I put the pen next to them so that you can see the size of the thing. 

That one parsnip filled the tray completely, and a bit too much to be honest. 

So after putting it in a bigger tray I added olive oil and salt, and I'm going to make parsnip mash and lamb ribs. :) 
                                   
                                       And then I'll start wrapping some Christmas presents.

Update:
I really, really liked this. I added orange juice, plain yogurt and a tiny bit of milk to make the mashed parsnip a little bit more runny. 

I looked out of the window while I was cooking and I saw the most beautiful sunset. The photo doesn't really do it justice, the sky was so, so pink and just beautiful.  

No comments: