Tuesday 20 December 2016

An Imbolc cake. Updated many times.

Ok, so its a Christmas cake that I didn't have time to make in advance, I had all of the ingredients, but I didn't have the time. So I thought it would be a nice idea to make it now, while I have a day to do it, and time to feed it brandy ready for Imbolc. So far I've got the fruits soaking in brandy, waiting until I've found a big enough cake tin. I know that my dad has one but he is currently in Scotland.


30 minutes later: I've added the flour, salt and spices and it smells amazing. 

2 and a half hours later: And finally, finally! I got the tin from my dads house and it's now in the oven. It went in at 7 pm and its going to come out about 11:30. :/ I hope I haven't over filled the tin.... Or added too much brandy.

I am going to be tired at work tomorrow. 

I would like to thank my other half for cutting out and arranging the grease-proof paper for me, for driving me to my dads and for possibly being the one to remove the cake from the oven when I've passed out from exhaustion.


Ta dah! 

No comments: