Saturday 22 October 2016

Not one squash!

I didn't manage to get one winter squash this year!

I know I haven't written anything in a while, I've been really struggling with my energy and depression  probably for the last month.

 Anyway.

Troubs has hurt herself somehow. Not sure how she did it but its pretty nasty, I think it's getting better now though.
Poor girl.

We've started a huge effort to get the front garden sorted. My boyfriend, his mum and I all had a good hour of attacking the weeds and plants that we want to clear.

We still need to dig it over and remove everything. But we cut it all back and it was really quite high and messy, not to mention all of the sweet wrappers from every passerby ever! :(  
We will improve the soil and cover it all over with weed suppressant plastic, ready to plant it all up in the spring. I'll be putting foxgloves, harts tongue fern, Japanese painted ferns and some sweet cicely in to fill the whole area. I'm not sure about the foxgloves, I might have to swap them out later but I'll only know by trying. One day we'll replace the fence too. So much to do, so little money. :P

No comments: