Wednesday 23 December 2015

Peas!

I can't stop thinking about peas, I think I've even been dreaming about them! At this rate I'm going to have nothing but peas growing in the garden next year.
Even if its just peas and potatoes I guess that's not bad nutritionally. Man oh man I need more growing space. Somewhere that isn't shaded by that dreadful tree next door. :/

Next years veg I'm hopefully growing:
Peas,
Potatoes,
rhubarb,
raspberries,
strawberries,
broad beans,
carrots,
parsnips,
beetroot if I find space
Chard.
Chinese cabbage,
Barlotti beans.

I'm finally getting an egg a day from my two hens again. Yey! (Not sure if I mentioned I sold my Sebright rooster and hen)
I'm looking after the baby chickens over Christmas, that normally live at the school. I might get quite a few eggies for Christmas. :)

Flowers I'm hoping to grow.
Rudbeckia,
Nasturtiums,
pot marigolds,
aquilegia,
forget me nots,
Possibly some dahlias.

If space allows I'll be adding much more but its only a little garden so I'll probably struggle to fit it all in.


2 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

hope you manage all this, it sounds fab. i adore pea shoots so always grow extra peas :)

Jopanofmanypets said...

Thank you! :) Hopefully I do better than this last season, when most of my time was spent on the puppy. Oh she's a naughty puppy. :P I'm glad that you've gone back to writing your blog. I have missed reading it. :) I hope your Yule/Christmas is wonderful and magical. :)